About Me

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

2015 Goals

I am a little late to the new years resolutions, but late is better than never.

My financial goals are:

Get Married without accumulating any debt - This is actually an easy one since I have my TFSA which will be at $30,000 by the end of the month. However, J won't have much to contribute since he is still paying off his loans and I said I would rather him focus on doing that. I am hoping we can keep the wedding to a $20 000 budget???

Save $3000 in RSPs - If I get another full-time teaching position next school year this should be doable. I have already contributed $1000.

Save $5500 to TFSA - I have contributed $1500 so far. After the wedding, this account will be used toward a down payment on a house. The goal is to purchase our first house in 2016. Basically after I take money out of the TFSA, I hope to still have $15 000 in it by the end of the year.

Save $1000 in my Furniture Fund - It currently has $2000. I bought a new bedroom last summer but would like to start saving so we can buy a living room set when the house buying time comes.

Save $1000 in a Travel Fund - I currently have $1900 in this fund so would like to up it so we can go on a trip likely next summer (delayed honeymoon).


2 comments:

  1. Remember you TSFA room now is $10,000! I can't even max it these days while paying off a car :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me! I don't think I will be able to max out to the new contribution room though with getting married

    ReplyDelete